Monday, March 21, 2011

Homemade Baby Cereal

So I've been making my own baby food since Kane was a baby, when I finally discovered I could do such a thing.

I use baby cereal to thicken up baby food as my kids get older and prefer thicker food. I ran low on baby cereal the other day and was dreading having to make a special trip to the store for more. Finally it dawned on me that I could probably make my own.

I was right and its super simple!
I used Aldi brand old fashioned oats. I had also just made homemade noodles, hence the messy counter.

I put the oats in the small Magic Bullet cup.

I used this blade.

Then I ran it for about 5-10 seconds. Btw, they now make a Baby Bullet.... I wonder where they got that idea from. :)

Until it was pretty fine.

Then I poured it into my homemade chicken noodle soup baby food.

I stirred it up and kept adding more until it was the consistency Ford likes.

Serve.

Now I'm wondering why it took me so long to think of this!! Sigh.

No comments: