Thursday, September 27, 2012

Birthday Morning Surpise

For Kane's birthday I decided to surprise him with streamers and balloons in his doorway and hallway when he woke up. 

I was planning to go to Target the day before to pick up my supplies but at the last minute Jed had to go out of town on a business trip and then Isla came down with a fever that caused so much discomfort she screamed almost all day.  There was just no way I was leaving the house.

Thankfully Joy was willing and able to help me out and conveniently works at Target.  She dropped off everything after her shift.  

I had about two hours from the time the boys went to bed for the night until Joy would be stopping by, so to kill time I decided to step it up a notch and turn the balloons into Angry Birds.  I got out construction paper and went to work. 

I had no idea what color balloons I would be getting and Joy had no idea I had planned to do angry birds so I was quite pleased when these were the main colors in the pack.  

 "Caw, caw, tweet, tweet." 

 I however didn't get many green balloons so I used the white balloons with green construction paper (I attempted coloring one of the balloons with green marker but it was a disaster).  
The nice thing about boys is they're not so much into the details. 

 I got the idea on Pinterest to put streamers in the bedroom doorway.  

 I thought Kane would love chopping through the paper, like a ninja.

  I was wrong. 
It was too early in the morning for such challenges. 

 After crawling under the terrifying streamers, he discovered his balloons. 

 Effectively, turning his whole morning around. 

 He would have spent all morning running through them if we hadn't had to take his brothers to school.  

 His brothers loved it too! 

Before going downstairs for breakfast, he returned to his room and

...spinjitzued his way through the streamers.  

Happy Birthday Kane! 

No comments: