Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Earlier this week was Evan's first day of school and let me tell you it was not how I hoped to start off the school year. At the same time my alarm went that morning, Ford woke up hungry so I thought I'd get feeding him out of the way and then get ready. Well, he and I both fell back to sleep while he was eating. Oops. Thankfully I had planned to give myself 2 hours to leisurely get ready so my little nap didn't make us late, we just had to rush around to get out the door.


On my way to the school there was a huge accident that completely shut down the road! I was diverted into a neighborhood going the exact opposite direction of Evan's school and I had no idea how to get out. I had to pull over, turn on the GPS and figure out my new route. I was now 15 minutes late, lovely.

As we walked up to the school Aunt Mimi was outside talking with some other parents. She offered to help me find Evan's classroom and teacher. We quickly realized that a school wide assembly was planned and Evan's teacher was expecting me to stay for it, even though no one told me about it before hand and I had 3 other kids with me! Aunt Mimi was nice enough to hang out with me to help with the boys. After the big meeting we had to go out and do a long dedication for the new school lawn. Finally, it was time to take Evan to his classroom, phew.


Morning aside, it was a really good day! I went to pick Evan up from class and after he showed me the candy he had recieved for obeying his teacher all day, he quitely and sincerely said, "Mom, I love my new school." Yay! His teacher asked the parents to stay for a few minutes to explain to us what they had done that day and what her plans were for the coming weeks. His teacher is so sweet and I've heard nothing but good things about her(she taught one of my nephews)! I'm so excited to see how this year goes!

Up next, Seth starts preschool! He is so excited! We went to the open house recently. Seth was so excited when he saw one of the teachers he recognized that he ran to her, jumped in the air and shouted, "I'm coming to preschool this year!" It was so cute.






The new Kindergartener!

The boys and their breakfast, this is what happens when we're running late!

I add these because I thought they were cute.


No comments: