Friday, December 27, 2013

Eye Surgery and Naughty Part 3

For my birthday, this year, Jed wanted me to have Lasik done but I was still nursing Isla so it had to be postponed.  

When Isla weened in June, I had pretty much forgotten about my birthday present.  

Until, recently, when this girl reminded me by doing this, 

 with her bare hands, no less!

Granted they had already been snapped by several of her brothers but it was the straw that broke the camels back!  

I made an appointment to find out if I was eligible and it turns out, I am! 

So I scheduled my surgery and while in the chair, at the beginning of the procedure, I found out that I was in fact, not eligible, due to my eyes being too small for the suction ring instrument that's used. 


So instead, I had a different surgery done, called Photorefractive Keratotomy, otherwise known as PRK.  It has similar results to Lasik, with a much longer recovery.  

So for the last week I've been, well, recovering.  Eventually when my vision is less hazy I'd like to chronicle my full experience!  

No comments: