Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

We made our way to North Carolina, again this year, for Thanksgiving.  

Despite still not feeling my best we had a great time! 

The campground we stayed at was covered in fallen leaves and large pine cones, quite the novelty for our floridian offspring.

My SIL put together an amazing Thanksgiving dinner!  She is quite possibly one of the worlds greatest gravy chefs which is important to me and my obsession with mashed potatoes. 

The kids had a great time playing together and especially enjoyed celebrating both Uncle Nate's and Blake's birthdays.  


Sadly my exhaustion and nausea kept me from getting out my camera much.  Thanksgiving was probably the worst and I didn't touch my camera once that day.  The following day I was feeling a bit better and was able to capture the fun we had at the Pik n' Pig, a North Carolina BBQ restaurant.

We sat outside which overlooked a driving range and a private airstrip!  

The boys were in heaven!



"Fore!" 

The Pig


Kane watching a plane land!


Best Buds!


Everyone shout "Pik n' Pig!"

Saturday morning we had Jess, Nate and the kids over to the campground for breakfast. 

Aunt Jessie helped the kids make their first ever leaf pile!

Jon is under there somewhere...

Not pleased to have to stop playing for a photo op!

No comments: