Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thankful

I put the boys to bed tonight and read to them from our bible story book.   After the story I prayed and when I had finished I asked Evan if he would like to talk to God, he said no.  I asked him if he was sure there wasnt anything he'd like to thank God for and his eyes lit up and he said yes.  I told him to go for it and this is what he prayed,  "Dear baby Jesus (the story was about the birth of baby Jesus so I think thats why he worded it that way), thank you for the pool, thank you for food... (long thoughtful pause and I'm hoping he'll say something about daddy, mommy, seth, even one of our pets would be nice) thank you for FRUIT SNACKS!  Amen."   At least he's honest! :)  
Some randome pictures from this weekend.
blog1
Daddy and Seth reading together.
blog3
A turtle that we found this weekend.  He's currently living in our backyard his name is Rex.
blog4
Evan getting a closer look.
blog5
Finally he worked up enough courage to pick Rex up!  Now the challenge is getting him to leave Rex alone. :) 

No comments: