Monday, June 20, 2011

Most Days I Want More Kids...

But today isn't one of them.

Today is one of those days where I dream about being in my 50s, ya know cause they'd all be in their 20s and I wouldn't be responsible for them anymore!

Today I get butterflies in my stomach (the good kind) thinking about being an empty nester!

Today I don't even have it in me to imagine being a grandma.

Nope today, I don't want my children to procreate because they'd probably ask me to babysit at some point and right now I'd rather poke my eyes out.

For some reason today no matter what we do my children are not content. The toys aren't fun enough, the coloring isn't challenging enough, the tv shows aren't entertaining enough and the food isn't tasty or filling enough. Even letting them play in the new sprinkler toy we bought this weekend isn't keeping them occupied, every 5 seconds the back door opens and they're nagging for something else.

The bickering between them wont stop either. They are fighting over the "borin'" toys. To which I ask the obvious question, "If it's so boring then why are you fighting with your brother over it?!"

I get blank stares in response.

Today I think my children might be demon possessed.

I'm guessing tomorrow they wont be, cause just as quickly as these horrible days come, they go.

Here's hoping tomorrow is better, or easier, or if nothing else at least different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have four boys, too. I know exactly how you feel. These long days of 115 degree temps where I live ( TEXAS) is really getting to them. Hang in there, Momma!

Shannon said...

Laine, your a saint!! Sam needs to come entertain them for a few hours some afternoon. Call me.
Shannon