Monday, July 21, 2008

Welcome to the Third Trimester

Sleeping has become increasingly difficult in the last week.  At first I couldnt get comfortable in bed so I changed my sleep number (we have a select comfort bed which I highly recommend!).  Now its not so much getting comfortable as it is that my shoulders and hips burn after a couple hours of laying on them and turning over in bed is getting harder and harder.   One of the worst things about not being able to sleep at night is it gives me a lot of time to think and during pregnancy/breast feeding (must be something to do with hormones) the hypochondriac in me comes out.  I will lay in bed feeling little aches and pains through out my body and think that I'm dying.  Like a headache is a brain tumor or my backache is actually a kidney infection that I havent caught in time, its ridiculous!  I mean I've been to 3, third world countries where diseases like malaria and typhoid are common and never once worried about catching anything.   I lay in bed at night trying to rationalize with myself that I should stop worrying and go to sleep but as soon as I start to relax my mind drifts right back to my worries which then keeps me up, grrrr!   When I do finally fall asleep my dreams are super intense and I tend to either wake myself up (then of course I have to get up to go to the bathroom) or I start sleep walking or talking and wake Jed up.  Also a couple of mornings ago I woke up to my left calf muscle cramping up.  This has happened with each of my other pregnancies as well.  Fortunately this time I knew what to do so instead of laying there in agony for a good 2 to 3 minutes waiting for it to release I was able to force it to release.   My leg is still really sore and I'm nervous when I go to bed at night that I'm going to wake up to that horrible feeling again (not a good thing for the hypochondriac).  Ok so I know I'm not the most up beat person about pregnancy, its just not my thing I guess.  I also want to be completely honest on here so when I've forgotten what its really like in a couple years I will be able to look back and go, "Oh yeah, it isnt quite as romantic as its made out to be."   However the end product is so worth it!  I cant wait for this little guy to be here and I had fun this weekend doing some planning for his arrival.  We need to buy a few things, like an outfit to bring him home in (I want it to be new for him so I can put it in his memory tote) and a Pack and Play since Seth put holes in the netting of our last one.   We havent bought anything yet but I've been searching to see what I like.  I'm also considering cloth diapers so I've been doing some research.  Its cheaper than disposables and its not nearly as difficult as it used to be back when I was in them. :)  Its been a challenge trying to convince Jed to consider the idea (it grosses him out), but last night he read an article on cloth diapering and he was kind of impressed.   We'll see!  I'm also nesting really bad right now.  For the first time in my life, messes drive me crazy!  I dont think I've ever kept my house cleaner than it has been the last 2 weeks.  I wish I had the impulse to clean all the time!  I made a list of all the stuff I need to get the house organized before the baby is here, bookshelves, a buffet for our diningroom, a new pantry, a freezer and the list goes on! :)  At one point Jed and I were even discussing huge remodel plans for our house.  I think I got a little carried away. :)&

No comments: