Friday, February 15, 2008

Looking Forward

Our time in Michigan is over.  We enjoyed spending time with Jed's sisters and their families but it was chaotic with 10 kids in one house.  I dont think we'll be making many more trips up north in the middle of winter since there isnt much to do and you end up trapped indoors.  Maybe when the kids are older we'll do another winter excursion to get in sledding, skiing, ice skating and whatnot.   We'll see.  My dad's funeral was yesterday morning.  It was a good funeral and I think my dad would have felt honored by it.   It was nice to spend time with friends and extended family that we haven't seen in a while.  Thank you to all that came!  It meant a lot to my family and me.  After the funeral we packed everything up and drove over to Pennsylvania to stay with Jed's parents for a couple days.  Today we relaxed and rested and tomorrow we're going to a science center in Pittsburgh.  I'm sure I'll have some good pictures to post when we get home.  I'm looking forward to being back in Florida, I miss the warm weather and I'm looking forward to life getting back to "normal".   We're bring home our dog Ally.   We got Ally as a puppy before we moved to Florida and we had her for over 2 years but after Seth was born it seemed too chaotic in our home for two dogs.  It just so happened that Jed's sister Jessie was willing to take her so it worked out perfectly.  However Jessie's daughter has Asthma and dog hair seems to irritate her condition so they couldnt keep Ally anymore.  I guess we've forgotten how crazy it was with two dogs because we offered to take her back and picked her up this week while we were in Michigan.  She's still as hyper as ever but we're glad to have her back!

No comments: