Monday, December 3, 2012

Ornaments

We put up our Christmas stuff over Thanksgiving weekend.  

The boys surprised me when they oohed and aaahed over all the ornaments and decorations as they came out of their boxes.  I was expecting, "I'm bored."  And, "Can we watch tv while you do that?"  

This year we have a second tree (I got it on sale after Christmas a couple years ago) for the "kiddie ornaments".  I let them decorate that tree themselves!  So fun!  

The finished project! 

We also went out shopping and let each of the boys pick one new ornament for the kid's tree.  
Evan picked out a humming bird.  The kid loves birds!  

Seth was ecstatic when he found ice cream!  Yum! 

"Mom look I found the key to the tower of power!" 
A Backyardigans inspired ornament. 

Ford is not a fan of posing for the camera so I wasn't able to get a picture of him and the ornament I may or may not have made him pick, a globe.  However I was able to get a picture of this, 
Ford loves this picture frame ornament with a photo of our sponsored child in it.  He carried it around with him for a couple days until I finally had him put it back on the tree and leave it there.

Update: Said ornament is MIA.  I think he must have snagged it off the tree and stashed it somewhere.  

Showing me, Soraida! 

So this year I went out with Joy and Devan Black Friday shopping, which actually started off as Thanksgiving evening shopping.  Anyway, I wasn't very impressed with the sales this year, not even close to being worth the hours of sleep missed and lines that I waited in but I did get a few things I was excited about.  

This being one of them.  Like I said, Evan loves birds and Cardinals happen to be his favorite bird!  Plus all the boys really love snow globes.  Well, I bought this on Friday at 1am, got home at 4am, put it on one of our end tables and while Jed was waking me up at 7:30am one of the boys smashed it.  That's gotta be a new record!

I also picked this ornament up for my traitorous children. Why couldn't they have accidentally smashed this?  Go Blue! 

Anyway, being the softy that I am I took Evan out and got him this.  Now that I've spent a small fortune on cardinal items, I'm sure next Christmas he'll be over them.  Just a hunch.  

No comments: