Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lately

This weekend we rented a full size van as a kind of test drive. We've learned over the years that you can never do too much research when making a big purchase like a vehicle. We're trying to figure out what we can get that will both pull our camper and fit our family comfortably. I was nervous at first to drive the van, I mean it dwarfs the mini van, but in the end it was a piece of cake. That being said, after a couple days I think we're going to hold off on the "kiddy catcher" van, as my husband puts it, until its absolutely necessary. My mini van is a luxury vehicle in comparison! I think we're going to end up with a used older Suburban in the end.

Sunday was Jon's celebration o' life, family style. Aka, family birthday dinner. We had ribs. Yummy delicious ribs!

Sunday night Ford got a fever. My usually sweet, content little boy was so miserable and grouchy. I was up half the night with him and Monday I was either holding him or Kane. Kane is going through a weird phase, we went to church and he freaked out in childcare. He hasn't done that in probably over a year! Weird.

Yesterday Ford's fever broke. He's not quite back to his usual self but I think he's on his way. I had enough time sans babies in my arms to make homemade tortellini and manicotti. As I was kneading and then rolling out the dough, I self diagnosed myself with arthritis. I've had joint pain on and off since jr. high and it seems to coincide with my psoriasis outbreaks (I'm in the middle of a bad one this winter) and as it turns out it could be psoriatic arthritis. I should probably have my theories confirmed by a doctor but really, who needs a doctor when you have webmd. :) I think dealing with psoriasis my whole life and now Evan's eczema has left me quite jaded with the medical community.

We're having friends over for dinner and I'm making tortellini soup!

I'm still playing catch up from Christmas. My laundry, cleaning and blogging have been lagging. I have these dreams of organizing bedrooms and closets but I just don't have enough time in the day! I was able to move Kane's clothes into the big boys room and Ford's clothes, from our room, into Kane's room. Seth and Kane are, for the time being, in a room together, Evan has his own room which he hates (weird kid) and Ford is still sleeping in the Florida room at night. Its a weird arrangement but everyone is sleeping well at night so we're going with it. :)

Evan has been diagnosed with a speech disorder. Now we have to figure out where the problem stems from, his hearing or his processing. In my opinion its his processing but we're going to do a hearing test just to rule it out. I have to make a few calls and get speech therapy lined up for him. I have no idea, yet, how I'm going to fit that into my day! On the upside I've heard from all the teachers that he's one of the hardest workers they've ever had and is consistently making progress. There are still quite a few unknowns in this situation so, pray for us!

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I need to get the boys snack and actually spend time with them. :) Adios.

Oh and here are some random pics for my mom. Hi mom, I know I need to call you soon to catch up! :)


Having boys means anything can be turned into a weapon.

After I finished taking pictures we had a long discussion about sticks and safety.

So then they thought playing with the ash in the old rusty fire pit was a good idea.

We had yet another discussion.

The boys love to tickle Ford but he's not very ticklish. Kane laughed so hard after each raspberry while Ford just laid there.

We have the best cat, our dogs aren't even this patient.

Evan is such a great helper with the little boys. He loves to prove how strong he is by holding his baby brother, only when mommy is standing right there though.

No comments: