Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Green

Apparently this is the only color that exists in Seth's world.  I've attempted on many occasions to teach Seth his colors but have had zero luck.  A few weeks ago he finally showed a little interest so this is how our "lesson" went:
We're looking at his place mat at the dinner table with different shapes and colors on it.
Seth: "Whats that?"
Me: "A Blue square."
Seth: "Yes!"
Me: "Seth, you say it, blue square."
Seth: "Bue scare."
Me: "Good!  So, what color is it?"  Pointing again to the blue square.
Seth: "GREEN!"
It doesnt matter how many times I tell him the actual color of the object, its always green!   For a little while Jed and I were convinced he was colorblind but then I tried letters and numbers, all letters are "H" and all numbers are "3".   I also found a game online to play with the boys that has them sort things by color and he plays the game perfectly.  That eliminated the colorblind theory so my new thought is that unlike his older brother Seth doesnt feel the need to "perform".   I'm used to Evan who loves to impress us with his accomplishments but Seth just expects us to be impressed with, well, Seth.  And of course we are! (I dont know if his future teachers will feel the same way though. :))  It amazes me how different my two little boys are, sometimes they seem like polar opposites.  It makes me wonder how Kane is going to fit in, who will he be more like?  Or is there a whole other direction he could go in and he wont be like either Evan or Seth?  I cant imagine but I'm looking forward to finding out. 
In pregnancy news, I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday.   Everything is looking good!  Kane is looking to be a lot bigger than either of his brothers!  Yikes!  At my last ultrasound he was in a breech position so even though we know that he's head down now, we still have to have another ultrasound for insurance purposes.   I'm not complaining, I cant wait to see him again!  I just have to call and make the appointment. 

No comments: