Friday, April 11, 2008

Beach Trip

Jed's parents are in town visiting and we're all beach lovers so we decided to find a cheap hotel at Daytona Beach.   We headed out yesterday and spent the entire afternoon playing in the waves with the boys.   It was so nice to be able to walk back to our room and get cleaned up rather than having to drive home.   We went out to dinner and then came back to the hotel and enjoyed the indoor pool before going to bed.   We had a very relaxing morning, heading out to the pool area of the hotel, the boys played in the kiddie pool for about an hour making many new friends.   When lunch rolled around Seth was exhausted so Jed took him for a nap while, the rest of us ate lunch overlooking the ocean.   I was looking out and saw something floating about 100 yards in the water.   I had the initial thought that it looked somewhat like a body floating face down but it was so far away and it was such a crazy thought that I didn't say anything to anyone but kept a close eye on the object.   As it got closer and closer I became more and more suspicious that it was a person but I was still confused b/c right next to where we were sitting was a lifeguard tower and I thought if anyone could tell the difference between a boogie board and a human body it would be a lifeguard.   I finally told Jed's parents what I thought I saw out in the ocean and as we were discussing it a man sitting next to us took off running to the lifeguard tower.   He alerted the lifeguard and after a few moments of discussing it amongst themselves one took off into the water.   It was in fact a person and here's the rest of the story,  http://www.wesh.com/news/15859955/detail.html.   After reading this story I feel better knowing that it wouldn't have made any difference if I had gone to the lifeguards as soon as I had seen this poor man.  However if anything like this ever happens again I will be the first one finding help. 
3
The rescue. 
3
Sethy and I enjoying the beach. 
3
We had ribs for dinner the night before and had some leftover, Evan took care of them for us at lunch.

No comments: